Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED force responsive menu on custom width eg for 768px devices

• SOLVED force responsive menu on custom width eg for 768px devices

Posted 10 years 4 months ago
    • Hi, I'm using the Metropolis template and have the following problem. If i fill the genuine width of over 1300px with a rather wide logo and rather long wording in the menu, there is no chance that the page looks alright on a 768px device (like ipad). This applies of course also to devices with more pixels.

How can I adjust the width-threshold for switching the menu to the responsive menus panel or selectbox. I think this is not done by media-queries, right?

Any help is appreciated.
      Kind regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED force responsive menu on custom width eg for 768px devices

Posted 10 years 4 months ago
    • No it's done my JS so changes to the javascript would be required - This is considered as a big customization request which falls way beyond the scope of this free support forum. You can always try to post your request in our The Marketplace forum and get (paid) support from someone that is willing to do this.

We already have a "feature request" ticket that would provide more control over the threshold for switching menu types - but as yet the DEVS have not had time to look at it.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED force responsive menu on custom width eg for 768px devices

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • Would it be possible for you to tell me where to look if I wanted to force the menu to behave responsively even when I have a fixed width mode set for the template? This is related to the post, but would not involve thresholds, etc.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED force responsive menu on custom width eg for 768px devices

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • Please don't post in 2 year 8 month old dormant topics or we might miss your post altogether. It's always better to raise you own topic in the appropriate forum.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

The menu is controlled via the roknavmenu module and plugins - you would need to look through all the associated JS and php tyo change this. It won't make any difference though if you have set the template to fixed.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds