Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Switching from Apache2 handler to FastCGI -- HOW?

• Switching from Apache2 handler to FastCGI -- HOW?

Posted 11 years 1 week ago
    • We have run into problems with RT templates with the introduction of LESS Framework, turns out our Joomla instances are defaulted to Apache2 handler when the VM is created. We use a Jumpbox OVF file from a library to clone a new joomla virtual machine instance. When the VM is created, it is already configured with Apache2 handler. We do not have access to Plesk or cPanel to make the switch, and our hosting provider says that change is outside the scope of services they provide. We are using VMWare vSphere with Win2K8 r2. Attached is a screen snip of the server config, fyi.

Can you direct me to information about how we can make this switch before we install RT Templates? :cry:
    • RidgeGarrett App Services
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: Switching from Apache2 handler to FastCGI -- HOW?

Posted 11 years 1 week ago
    • If your hosting doesn't support it or allow you to change it, you'll have to find a new host. There isn't anything we can do that can change what your hosting company offers. Fast-CGI is pretty standard and I would be skeptical of any host that doesn't allow you to change this.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Switching from Apache2 handler to FastCGI -- HOW?

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Can I also just point out (for other members) the apache2handler is a server setting (in your hosting account) and nothing to do with Joomla, or RT products at all. If you don't have cPanel or Plesk access and your host won't change this for you - then (as cliff said) changing hosting provider to a better one.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds