Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Error Loading Feed Data ???

• Error Loading Feed Data ???

Posted 12 years 8 months ago
    • This error has just appeared when I am in the back office. I am assuming is is about the RSS feed on my Solar Sentinal website, as when I click on the RSS button in the front end it just links to a page of code.

www.heyportugal.com

Anyone know how to fix this error?
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Error Loading Feed Data ???

• Hi there,

Just visited the site and all was fine for me. RSS button took me to the RSS output.

I was viewing with Win 7 Pro and Firefox 5

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: Error Loading Feed Data ???

• David Goode wrote:
      Hi there,

Just visited the site and all was fine for me. RSS button took me to the RSS output.

I was viewing with Win 7 Pro and Firefox 5

Hope this helps 8)

I was viewing in Chrome and it does nto show the RSS output page but a load of code.

I checked in firefox and Internet explorer and the front end is OK, as you said.

I still have the same error in the back end no matter which browser.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

The error message in Joomla admin is likely to be the broken feed from Joomla Security.

Go to modules > admin and turn off the Joomla Security Newsfeed and see if the error goes away.

I checked your site in Chrome and it is not calling any layout. Our demo site does the same. We will investigate further.

Thanks for your patience 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

OK - I have tested this on a clean Joomla install and the problem exists even though there is no RocketTheme template installed.

Looks like Chrome doesn't like the Joomla newsfeed module for some reason.

Hope this helps 8)

• Re: Error Loading Feed Data ???

• I did what you suggested in Modules/Admin and it did get rid of the back end error message, but in front end still problem with RSS feed. You said you also found the same problem in Chrome.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks for your prompt help. :)
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

I did find a problem in Chrome but it is a Joomla problem not RocketTheme. :oops:

I do not have a solution yet but it might be worth checking the Joomla forums to see if anyone has had any luck.

Hope this helps 8)

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds