Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Problem with RocketLauncher Installation

• JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Problem with RocketLauncher Installation

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • Just to review / clarify...

There are basically 2-3 options when installing a template...

A) Use the RL (with the sample data) for a clean install
      B) Apply the template and extensions to an existing install
      C) Use a stock install of Joomla w/wo the sample data, then apply the template and extensions
      (For B&C, the bundle or standalone according to what you already have installed.)
      D) Use the Gantry RL w/wo sample data (saves you one step) then install the template and extensions

Some notes here at the beginning of this post:

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15...04899&rb_v=viewtopic

For your other questions:

1&2. Use the Joomla installer to do this, Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Upload Package File > Browse > Upload File & Install

Joomla will handle all this automatically.

Do this for each install of Joomla you want to add a particular module, component, or plugin to.

Just for an example, if you have K2 and JCE and want to install them to both your dev site (in the sub folder) and the main site, you’d do this through the admin panel for each site individually… [After downloading them from the respective developer’s sites]

To install the components to the dev site:

www.agreatagent.com/syndicate/administrator

Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Upload Package File > Browse > Upload File & Install

To install the components to the main site:

www.agreatagent.com/administrator

Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Upload Package File > Browse > Upload File & Install

3. I love JCE, often recommend it and have no problems using with any RT template.
    • Thanks,
      jim
    • JeanWTPUSA
    • Management Consultant

• Thanks for the Reply. I will try JCE Editor per your recommendation.
      I've noticed from the Joomla.org forums that some 3rd Party extensions do not work well with Rocketheme templages.

Is there a list that RT has complied of 3rd Party extensions that work well with Rocketheme's newer templates?
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• :arrowu:

RT bases it's script and extensions on MooTools, which is part of the Joomla core.

Everything the team produces works 100% with Joomla.

On the other hand, some developers create their components / modules / plugins using other scripts that are know to conflict with the Joomla core (e.g., some flavors of jquery).

Try to stick with component that are compatible with the core.

While there are some that may work without issues, there is no guarantee that others will not interfere with Joomla, RT templates, or any other templates for that matter.

Basically, choose you extensions carefully and test them thoroughly before you apply them to a live site.
    • Thanks,
      jim
    • JeanWTPUSA
    • Management Consultant

• Thanks JEM, I do plan on choosing 3rd party extensions carefully. Usually I do a search with Rocketheme and the extension on both Joomla and Google to see if anyone has reported problems. I have yet to use a 3rd Party extension because I am currently building my site.

In taking a look at the Live DEMO for the Syndicate, I noticed that the template has changed.The main menu seems more streamlined than the old template, as now there is only a single row of Menu items a drop down menu. How can this look be replicated? I have installed the latest Rocketlauncher for Syndicate, but my DEMO site looks like the screenshot of the template and does not look the DEMO site that RT is featuring now?

Also, is there a way to create drop down menus in the sidebar? I think the LEFT sidebar of this site www.lifehappens.org is very clean and orderly. Is there any way to "mimick" this type of menu in RT Syndicate? If so, what is the best way to configure?

Lastly, I also noticed that the FAQ question section used in the RT Syndicate DEMO takes the visitor to a different page when they click on the "Answer" to the FAQ. Is there any way to configure the FAQ so a drop down box opens with the "Answer" instead of going to a different page? I think the drop down (open and close answer option) is much faster way to keep the FAQ section clean and organized. If I can't configure the menu in Syndicate to do this, is there a 3rd party extensions that you recommend to accomplish this?
    • JeanWTPUSA
    • Management Consultant

• Could anyone tell me why my Syndicate DEMO template and the Overlay that shows the Module positions look totally different? I'm very confused by this. Shouldn't the modules map match the size/width, etc of the DEMO? I did not change the DEMO at all. It is in a sub-directory and I am using it as a guide. There seems to be lots of weird spacing occurring on the module map. If you can help, I appreciate. Thanks.

www.agreatagent.com/syndicate
      www.agreatagent.com/syndicate/index.php?tp=1
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• 1. The demo uses ‘split menu’ as opposed to the regular Fusion Menu. I see no difference between the demo site and the version I installed on local host when the template was released.
      2. Dropdown menus will work in the sidebars if configured properly in the Menu Manager / Module Manager, although they will not perform with the same amount of animation as in the link you provided… for that, you would need a 3rd party menu component.
      3. Not free, but I use MooFAQ, which would create a FAQ section as you described ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extensions/component-moofaq.html
      4. I really don’t understand the question in your subsequent post. The way ?tp=1 displays looks fine to me as it’s a guide to the positions, yes it looks ‘weird’ but it’s readable.
      5. Now that you are using Syndicate, I suggest posting your queries here: www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=413&rb_v=viewforum and breaking them down into single questions instead of several questions per post… that should speed up the support process.
    • Thanks,
      jim
    • Rick

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • accept

• I have implemented Launcher for Iridescent WordPress. How can it works properly if there is no one image in folder 'uploads'?
      Imho - should be any db filled in also, am I wrong?
      How can I solve it?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by accept.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• accept - thank you for your report - we don't delete posts - there is no harm in leaving your post. I would add though that rather than posting in a four and half year old dormant topic, it is always best to raise your own topic.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Problem with RocketLauncher Installation

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Hello:
      In answer to your JCE editor:

I use it on my other 3,3 Joomla website and it works great!

I recently downloaded and installed a Rocket Launcher powered template. The install went well except after I filled out the install launcher and hit "Install" I received notice that joomla was installed I was propted to uninstall the installer. Which went ok. I then logged off of my server.
      I went to my browser(firefox) typed in my new website URL/administrator and got an 404 error message page ont found

Where did I go wrong and where is the joomla back-end log-in page?
    • Richard L Melhoff

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds