Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

DISCUSS: NEW Premier Support Option

• Re: DISCUSS: NEW Premier Support Option

Posted 11 years 11 months ago
    • In all honestly I think it's not a bad move but I think it should offer a little more on the customization side of things. Just to give that Premier Support a little more meat to why it's even there. I understand it's there for the impatient people that don't want to use google or the forum search to figure it out themselves.

I myself would probably never use it because I like to figure the stuff out for myself, which is how I learn. But if you've added Customization to a limitation of hours then that may be something worth wild.

I don't think the support will change as long as they keep different employees for the Premier Support, I love RT and for the last 3+ years I've been here they have one of the best support staff along with StackIdeas.com <- their awesome as well.
    • imagine4D
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Project developer

Re: DISCUSS: NEW Premier Support Option

• Fred Dun... wrote:
      I myself would probably never use it because I like to figure the stuff out for myself, which is how I learn. But if you've added Customization to a limitation of hours then that may be something worth wild.

I wouldn't use premier support either (Google is free), but would definitely be interested in a premier customization option.
    • Mr_Boy
    • Rocketeer

• Now, a premier customization option makes more economical sense, compared to a premier support option.... but wouldn't the RT Marketplace fill that requirement a little bit better - instead of pulling the RT team from actual development work... (like updating RokDownload! :cheesy: )

(did I read that correctly ? :D )
    • "it's only innovation, if it makes a difference"
    • James Bush
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • IT Implentation, Marketing, Business consulting

• I've been a Developer level member since 2006. Since that time I've only 'started' about 30 forum requests. 10+ of those request were to let other members know I had created some downloadable PDF module position planners, or other 'non techie questions". So it's only about 4 requests a year. I search the forums to find answers and have ALWAYS found the forum moderators to be absolutely top notch. i don't think you could assemble a better team really. More than that... the RT crew has always done what they said they were going to do. Even if it was "we don't know what that is" they have at least been up front about it. Here's the part that settles it for me...
      Andy said "I will say this again for clarity:
      "The Forum and the Moderators are not going to be affected by this service. We expect very few people will take advantage of this service, but it's there if you need it."
      I believe him. There are some times when I needed it. It would have been good to have.
    • Last Edit: 11 years 11 months ago by James Bush.
    • Stan
      There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
      Right next to the mashed potatoes.
    • imsleepy
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thought I would weigh in on this since I am having an issue right now and just hanging out waiting for help.

I have found the forum a fabulous resource and there is always help quickly. Sometimes questions go unanswered which is a little frustrating... maybe they just get lost in the shuffle.

The premium support option is a little high in my opinon, at least for most most questions. However, in a pinch when I am pressed for time and if it were a major problem, I would probably use the service. I think it is a great idea. I would probably search around the forum for a bit in hopes of finding and answer... probably ask the question to see if I got a quick answer, but like I said, major problem... I would use the service because I don't always have the time to hang out here and wait for an answer.

To be honest with you... actually thinking about using it on the particular problem I am having now... it's just that crazy feeling that the fix is so simple I will slap myself in the head if I pay right now. :oops:

On the flip side... premium customization support... oh yeah!!! I would be all over that!!! Time is valuable and the time I spend trying to figure out how to change some colors or add some element would be better spent on paying you guys!!! What takes me hours... sometimes days... I have no doubt would take only minutes for the people who created these templates in the first place.

Not to mention, I can't tell you how many times I have wished there was an easy way to convert an HTML site to Joomla. For you Joomla gurus probably a cake walk... for me... forget it.

Keep up all the great work!!! I have been with the "other guys" (JA) and I have to tell you I won't go back anytime soon. Your templates and support are top notch and I have no doubt that your Premium Support will be worth every penny!!!
  • Re: DISCUSS: NEW Premier Support Option

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • Andy Miller wrote:
      Do you guys really not read what we write? Do you think we are lying to you when we say this is not changing the way the forums work at all? Do you have that little trust in us?

I will say this again for clarity:

"The Forum and the Moderators are not going to be affected by this service. We expect very few people will take advantage of this service, but it's there if you need it."

Look, this entire Premier Support thing was 100% based on member requests. We are only trying to offer you all more features and functionality. We are 100% not removing or degrading any existing functionality.

Wow Andy, that tone is just all wrong.
    • Sharon Gaughan
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Information Science & Technology

• Andy Miller wrote: Hi Andy. I think the statement of your new service is quite clear and needed. That statement and your supplemental remarks in this forum set just the right tone.

It is nice to know there is an option available should a more complex situation arises that would benefit from some focused one-on-one attention. I would hate to tie up a forum thread with my own drama at the expense of diminished support for other RocketThemers.
    • Sharon Sinéad Gaughan
      Fairfax, VA  USA

Apache / MySQL 5.0.95 / PHP 5.3.24 / Joomla! 2.5.20 / Gantry 4.1.20
      Custom: rt_hexeris-custom.css and rt_hexeris-custom.less
    • Pulkit
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Robert W
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT

• I think it's a great idea and as mentioned, it offers those who are interested an alternative to get superior and affordable support on an as needed basis.
    • Brian Shea
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Management, Server Admin, Google Apps Service Provider

• It's been a while since I was on the forum, and I really like this Premier Support option.
      There are times when we might not have time to troubleshoot, and having the option to have to Rocket Team tackle it is fantastic.

Thank you.

Now, I'm wondering if I can put in a paid request for the May template. :) It's the 3rd in New Zealand already. :P
    • Website Hosting and Management for the non-technical, non-geeks
      G+ Page for Seven Sages , a Google Apps Authorized Reseller

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds