• Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

DISCUSS: NEW Premier Support Option

Posted 12 years 2 weeks ago
    • J!eremy
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: DISCUSS: NEW Premier Support Option

• Amazing News Andy & RT Staff! This was a feature I know many users have wanted for years! Great Show! This is going to be a great resource!
    • Send moderators PMs ONLY if they request it.
      James' First Blog Post lol
      Top Tips for Support
      Be SPECIFIC when posting.
  • Re: DISCUSS: NEW Premier Support Option

• So support for the guys who don't want to pay $75 will have to wait longer on the forums.

I can see it happening....
      Sorry for the late response we have been helping our Premier clients.

This will now make me rethink my next renewal here at RT.

Not a good move.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Do you guys really not read what we write? Do you think we are lying to you when we say this is not changing the way the forums work at all? Do you have that little trust in us?

I will say this again for clarity:

"The Forum and the Moderators are not going to be affected by this service. We expect very few people will take advantage of this service, but it's there if you need it."

Look, this entire Premier Support thing was 100% based on member requests. We are only trying to offer you all more features and functionality. We are 100% not removing or degrading any existing functionality.

• Andy Miller wrote:
      Do you guys really not read what we write? Do you think we are lying to you when we say this is not changing the way the forums work at all? Do you have that little trust in us?

I will say this again for clarity:

"The Forum and the Moderators are not going to be affected by this service. We expect very few people will take advantage of this service, but it's there if you need it."

Look, this entire Premier Support thing was 100% based on member requests. We are only trying to offer you all more features and functionality. We are 100% not removing or degrading any existing functionality.

There is nothing wrong with the forum support, it works perfect. What you are doing it trying to stop the very few moaning old farts that want a reply within two minutes of them posting.

I feel a sense of divide could happen and end up like Jom Social which was a bad move and took the community input away.

Andy why do you have to be so defensive when someone adds their opinion? :oops:

If you don't want replies then don't put up a DISCUSS thread, i am discussing the Premier Support and as a customer i think i have the right to offer my opinion as i pay not just for templates but support for them.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• Alex ... the mods are not involved in that support-option.
      Nothing will change for you.

• Henning wrote:
      Alex ... the mods are not involved in that support-option.
      Nothing will change for you.

That is great to hear, i really like how RT work at the moment and the support works :)
    • Last Edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Alex Devine.
    • Mr_Boy
    • Rocketeer

• Sorry, but I have to ask.... April fools joke ? :cheesy:

Otherwise, I would have to agree with Alex - I can really see that kind of modal heading the same way as JS...
    • "it's only innovation, if it makes a difference"
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• just read ... nothing will change here in the forum.
      we can't really comment on other companies (like Azrul/JS) ways of support.

• This is just part of Lifecycle of a company. When I first saw the dropout of Drupal in due course, two thoughts came to my mind. Use the preferred CMS (like Joomla!, WP...) & put your focus (earn your dough) on where people are heading.

Its a common move, and like all dropouts, there will be forking coming out soon :)

I still believe this site still has more meat than other sites (comparing with JA, where their dev is slower). Why not discuss this one year from now, time will tell :oops:

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds