Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

DISCUSS: Ionosphere - March 2012 Template Release

• Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: DISCUSS: Ionosphere - March 2012 Template Release

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • Joev,
      Your question is unclear. The phpbb3 style is compatible with phpbb3, that has nothing to do with rokbridge or joomla 2.5. There is no official release of the bridge for 2.5 yet.
    • *Karma comes in many forms, my personal favourite is the random saucepan from the sky* J.Spencer 17-02-2009
    • joev
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Sorry, I meant rokbridge compatibility with J2.5. Is there any time frames when this will be available for 2.5? If not, are you saying the only way to use phpbb3 style with this template is to use J1.5? Wow, that would not be a good thing. Thanks.
      Roeland_A! wrote:
      Joev,
      Your question is unclear. The phpbb3 style is compatible with phpbb3, that has nothing to do with rokbridge or joomla 2.5. There is no official release of the bridge for 2.5 yet.
    • Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• I can not provide you with a time frame. I have a full time job, rokbridge is essentially still alive because I put in my spare time. So I am not going to put a time frame on it. Unless you want to pay for all the hours I put in already and am still putting in. :cheesy:
    • *Karma comes in many forms, my personal favourite is the random saucepan from the sky* J.Spencer 17-02-2009
    • joev
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I just find it odd that RokBridge is not being officially updated to 2.5. Seems pointless to have a phpbb3 template without this integration point. Maybe I'm missing something here.
    • Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• You are missing a major point:
      I'll put another question to you: the effective help I have received is only from three people....
      Now I see a lot of people asking for a FREE component, which requires HOURS and HOURS to upgrade to joomla 2.5, but there is effectively LITTLE help out there, and only people asking for a time frame. Can you explain that to me?
      It would be nice to see why that is the case. I send out packages to different people that told me they would test... I never received any feedback. Motivating? No, not at all.
      In my opinion Andy is completely right in no longer willing to update an extremely complex component that is FREE. As it stands, more then three months of testing and bug fixing have gone into it.... Stopping support and development of this component is a wise business decision, phpbb3 templates do not require joomla, but phpbb3, joomla templates require joomla.
      That someone wants to integrate the two and that rockettheme offered a possibity for free is a bonus, not something that can just be taken for granted.
      But well, that is just my 2 cents, and what do I know :cheesy:
    • WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

• If it isn't working as a free component, then why not make new versions a part of the paid collection? At least it would eliminate the support requests from non-customers, and it would make development costs deductible.

This item is important to RT customers.

Greg
  • Re: DISCUSS: Ionosphere - March 2012 Template Release

• I downloaded this temp, it looks good but I am having one problem I can not change the size of the lay out it stays stuck in preset....I uninstalled it, reinstalled...But the settings still always go back to the very first settings after save and close....Does anybody have a answer to why it's doing it, last months temp worked great when changing the layout size....

Posted 11 years 9 months ago
    • Can I remove presets window in ionosphere template? thanks in advance
    • WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 11 years 9 months ago
    • Hello Claudia, and welcome. To turn-off the presets window, Go to the Template Manager, the STYLE tab and turn-off STYLE PANEL.

Greg

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds