Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

DISCUSS: March Joomla Template Delay

• Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: DISCUSS: March Joomla Template Delay

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • Is the RokSprocket extension stable for other templates to use? (Since it isn't listed in the extensions section of RocketTheme) and it's only available in the Templates extension ZIP pack for the time being
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• sseguin wrote:
      Is the RokSprocket extension stable for other templates to use? (Since it isn't listed in the extensions section of RocketTheme) and it's only available in the Templates extension ZIP pack for the time being
      hi there,

roksprocket should be fine to be used in other templates as well.
      we'll have a dedicated extensions page and forum board for it ready soon.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: DISCUSS: March Joomla Template Delay

• Andy do you know the time frame for integration with K2?

• K2 will not be stylistically integrated after the fact. It is either part of the development process or not. You can still install and use K2, with the template and RokSprocket, it will simply use its default styling.
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Kudos, You have pushed my always high expectations for everything RocketTheme to a new level with Ionosphere and especially RokSprocket! RocketTheme is the best theme and extension club no matter the platform. Your Joomla! themes and extension have for half a decade been my go to graphic design for all my client needs and you continue to Rok! Amazing work!

Now just a few things I pondered last night as I ventured into the the Ionosphere ---

Is there a Gantry and RokSprocket style and developer guide? Knowing that Gantry is now the underlying platform would it make sense to share the blueprint in a styling guide? I was especially thinking that with RokSprocket you could identify and list the items that need to be styled to work with a previous template and various content providers say K2.

I have also wondered if the look of the older generation of templates could be migrated to the Gantry platform as they are updated. Kind of like updating to Versatility II. It would give us the latest tools with say Terran Tribune, one of my old favorites.

You now have separate controls for logo and text but no place to enter text. I have the feeling this is an either or option like before but it wasn't clear at least to me at 2am.

One last suggestion for the future. I almost would prefer you used public domain images in your demos or substituted images that could be included with RocketLauncher. I spent a long time last night determining how each module used images. It wasn't real obvious in launcher because all the images were the same. I had a hard time going from RokGallery in the administrator to the frontpage and getting a mental picture of how you set things up. I started doing simple things like changing the background color of the placeholder images. Finally, I just substituted actual images. At an hour I will not mention the light came on that not all the images came from RokGallery. I am wondering, why did you not use Gallery for example for FP Features? I also continue to be ponder all the creative ways you use Gallery and how to make the leap from demo to client site.

My approach seems to be strip away and delete the things I don't need, substitute client images and content until I have a working framework to build upon for my clients' needs. I now have a pretty good list of both Joomla! and RocketTheme demo content to remove, clean-up or replace on the road to getting a new site ready to roll.

By the way I am glad I waited the 48 hours for 1.1 and you can have an extra few days anytime you want to do something AWESOME! The paragraphs above are an indication of how excited I am about using your latest template and RokSprocket with clients. It seems to me it would be a great upgrade to Modulus! Well I am off to spend more time with Ionosphere and RokSprocket so I am ready to roll.

Thanks!
      Wallace

• In reply to a few specific questions:

1. Older templates, at present, will not be converted to Gantry. It requires completely overhauling the template which is, as you'd expect, a very work intensive task and not within our resource allocation at the moment, if ever.

2. It is very difficult to find images with the suitable licensing for our demos/RocketLaunchers; and even more difficult to find those free images that are suitable for our demo content, in terms of visual appeal. I can understand the frustration. However, you can determine which gallery is loaded in which position, by checking the module, and then you can see that gallery in the RokGallery admin. Through that process, you can determine which image/galleries go where. The 'Demo Frontpage etc...' forum sticky should help with this.

3. In regards to FP Features, the reason was, conformity, in terms of the 1.5 and 2.5 demos being as identical as possible to alleviate confusion. You can use RokGallery if you'd like quite easily.
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

Posted 12 years 2 weeks ago
    • That's a real shame. This is one of the best looking templates I've seen across all the template clubs in quite some time...The addition of K2 and Jomsocial styling would make it the best ever...

Dave

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds