Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RocketTheme Conference?

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

RocketTheme Conference?

Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    • We have been internally discussing the possibility of hosting a RocketTheme User/Developer Conference. The idea is that we would organize and host a 1 or 2 day conference in a that we could use to cover a variety of topics.

To start with we will probably focus on Joomla as it's the most popular CMS among our members.

Topics we are bouncing around include:
      • Customizing Existing Club Template - How to take an existing design and modify it completely for your clients
      • Design-to-Template - Workshop on how to take a custom design to finished Joomla template (multiple part full day workshop covering all aspects of the process)
      • Cross-Browser Testing and Gotchas - How to debug and fix browser bugs and issues
      • Gantry Framework Tutorial - The ins-and-outs of the Gantry Framework including how to implement and extend it
      • RocketTheme Extensions - How to use, modify, and implement a wide-variety of functionality with our array of extensions
      • MooTools Development - Core concepts, differences compared to other JS frameworks, developing cool mootools based scripts, how to upgrade scripts from version 1.11 to 1.3
      • Advanced Q&A - Ask the team anything!

If you have any ideas for a session that would be beneficial to a large portion of users, please reply to this thread with your concepts.

What we are interested in is how many people would be interested in attending a conference like this? We are not certain on any exact details (location, price, schedule) at this point, but if we get a decent amount of interest we may proceed with planning and development of this idea.

If this idea is successful and popular, we could have multiple of similar events in a variety of locations.

Please provide us your best 'honest' answer to if you would be likely to attend an event. Please answer without regard to location at this point. We're trying to gauge the validity of the 'idea' not specifically an event in a certain locale.

Cheers!
  • Re: RocketTheme Conference?

• If it was in the area or a decent drive I would attend for those options u listed
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: RocketTheme Conference?

• Dale, please use the poll to vote so we can have a nice centralized tally.

• My vote has been cast, if the location was the UK I would be there :(

• I would attend if it were somewhere in the eastern US. I would love to get some in-depth info that is tough to get just using the forum. What a great idea!
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• guys, obviously you wouldn't want to attend if its on the other side of the world. But if you all say "no" then we'll certainly never do it at all, and never have an opportunity to have one near you.

So please answer without regard to location at this point. We're trying to gauge the validity of the 'idea' not specifically an event in a certain locale.

BTW, if this changes your vote, you should be able to modify your voting option by clicking "Edit"
    • Sharon Gaughan
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Information Science & Technology

• Here are two new suggestions:
        Migration tactics to gracefully progress through new releases of the CMS while retaining the Rockettheme templates and extensions.

Performance optimization when using installed Rockettheme products.

These two suggestions might fit into your existing suggested topics:
        User suggestions for innovative templates and extensions.

How to retain user modifications when new releases become available.
    • Sharon Sinéad Gaughan
      Fairfax, VA  USA

Apache / MySQL 5.0.95 / PHP 5.3.24 / Joomla! 2.5.20 / Gantry 4.1.20
      Custom: rt_hexeris-custom.css and rt_hexeris-custom.less
    • Laurent
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Good idea, i am in france, perhaps you could webcast the conference ?

Laurent
    • Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Laurent.

• I'd attend. I'm hoping more conferences move to the web, allowing a broader reach, and saving on travel/hotel accommodations .

• I think this is a great idea however living in Australia I'd say the chance of you guys making it down here are pretty slim.

Anyway I'd buy the DVD's ;-)

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds