Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Magento Template Club

• Re: Magento Template Club

Posted 13 years 1 month ago
    • Dear Magento Template Developer.....

I am interested to join this club.... Meanwhile, I have a question, whether this Magento template is going to -in the near future- has a template based on Gantry as weil ?
      Simply... I fell in love gantry framework..... :)

Cheers.....,
      Agustinus Sutandar
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Magento Template Club

• That is not possible or a even wise thing to do due to the structure of the Magento templating system.

A quote from Sam (the M-man) ...
      Magento uses a separate template file for every little thing.
      Also, because of the xml layouts it uses, there's no such thing as a simple module position change need to edit the xml layouts.
      So really the templates are just fixed layouts, as they are.

Keep in mind Magento is a Shop System and not a CMS
      Advantage here: The css/html is very solid and stable and not as complex as in the Joomla stuff (wich is really rocketscience)!
  • Re: Magento Template Club

• Thank you Henning....,
      As a newbie, I appreciate your straight, fair and square answer..... :cheesy:
      I go for it....!

Agustinus
    • Falcon

• Hi,
      will be another new themes for Magento and how often will be released?

Will be other motives than based on Joomla templates (a separate look?)
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• With the club just getting going, the schedule of releases is still being worked out, but it's looking like every 1 1/2 months to 2 months for new template releases.

The styles will be based on the Joomla ones, there won't be ones that differ from those designs as far as I know right now.
    • Webiq
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • You guys released the last magento theme more than 2 months ago, Paneca.. I am wondering that Rockettheme has stopped the improvement of magento themes? I dont see any update or new released themes for long long time.. If you are continuing the development of magento, can you tell us what will be the upcoming theme,what sorts of new extensions or features will be included, and when you guys going to release it? And, is there going to be specific release dates like every one/two months as it is for joomla?

Depending on your answers, I would like to renew my subscription..
      Thanks..
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• There is definitely lots of work going on for some really cool things. The themes for Magento take more time so the general release dates for these will likely be longer than a month. When it comes to adding more features and functions though, that takes more time...but I think you'll find is usually well worth the wait.
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• The next theme/extension is almost done, and it's a mobile "theme" based on jQuery Mobile, which will allow it to be easily customized using the Jquery Mobile Theme Roller ( jquerymobile.com/themeroller/ ). It's taking a little longer than planned, but should be out by the end of this week. The reason we went this route is that it can be easily matched to each theme that's released in just a few minutes using the theme roller, then the css is simply droppped in to the admin and you're done. So it's kind of a multi-purpose theme/extension, with it's own config page in the admin, allowing different settings to the main theme, to make it more relevant to mobile users.

After this, it's templates all the way for 2012, and we're aiming for a new release at minimum every 45 days (less hopefully once I get on a roll!).

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds