RokWeatherLatest Version: J2.5 / J3.x 2.0.3 / J1.5 1.7
Powerful Real Time Weather Reporting RokWeather is an Ajax-powered weather module which utilizes the Yahoo or Wunderground APIs to display weather data and related information from regions all across the globe.
Included are options to display temperature, climate, wind speed as well as frontend based location user interaction, default location settings and cookie enabling options.
Also, if you experience the Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() error then you need to have CURL enabled on your server. You can ask your hosting provider to activate this.
List of Features
- Graphical Representation: the module is packaged with images to showcase all types of weather from rain to sunshine
- Location Chooser: click the current area and type your desired location and the module will show the appropriate weather, with both frontend and backend configuration options
- Temperature Units: RokWeather has support for both the Fahrenheit and Celsius temperate scales
- Forecast: Up to 4 days worth of weather forecast (Maximum of 2 for Yahoo)
- Multiple Readings: optional parameters to show humidity, wind speed and weather descriptions
- Cookie Control: Options to configure whether a user's location is stored via a cookie or refreshed each time
Installation - Joomla 2.5.x
- Download the latest mod_rokweather_j16.zip file from the RokWeather Download section (see right).
- Install at Admin → Extensions → Extensions Manager → Install/Uninstall → Choose File → Select file → Upload File & Install
- Upon successful installation, you will see the install notices. If performing an update, some will appear blue.
- Go to Extensions → Module Manager → New → RokWeather Module to create a RokWeather module.
Installation - Joomla 1.5.x
- Download the latest mod_rokweather.zip file from the RokWeather Download section (see right).
- Install at Admin → Extensions → Install/Uninstall → Choose File → Select file → Upload File & Install
- Upon successful installation, you will see the install notices.
- Go to Extensions → Module Manager → RokWeather to configure the newly created RokWeather module.
RokWeather is a highly configurable module that allows you to control the various aspects of its appearance and functions. Details of each options are as follows:
Sources: Choose between Yahoo or Wunderground. For Wunderground, you will need to signup to their API and enter their reference in the API key field: http://www.wunderground.com/
Default Location: Enter a location that will have its weather data displayed by default. For example, the default option is Golden, CO.
Location Display Override: This option allows you display weather data for one location whilst displaying a label for another, such as using a nearby city's weather data but displaying the name of your own town.Default Degree Type: Choose between degree Celsius or Fahrenheit for the default temperature reading.
User interaction: This parameter allows to disable user interaction so they cannot change the location and weather data.
Enable Units switch: This option allows you to configure whether the Celsius/Fahrenheit switch is displayed.
Enable Location Cookie: A cookie is created when a user enters a location which will be stored for when the user visits again. This option allows you to disable the setting of a cookie, and therefore, the default location will be shown on each refresh.
Enable Icon Display: Determine whether the weather icon displays in the top left of the module.
Enable Humidity Display: An option to display humidity for the selected location.
Enable Wind Display: An option to display wind data for the selected location.
Default Windspeed Type: Determine what units to display for wind speed, either MPH, KPH or KTS.
Enable Weather Forecasts: Enable the display of forecast weather data.
Forecast items to show: How many days of forward forecast you want the module to display (Limited to 2 days for Yahoo).
This is a changelog for RokWeather, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.