RokStockLatest Version: J2.5/J3.x 2.0.0 - J1.5 1.0
Flexible Real Time Stock Reporting RokStock, is an Ajax-powered stocks module for your site. It has been finely tuned to give stocks character such as a coloured line graph, coloured indexes, draggable indexes, tooltips and much more.
Your users can easily add, remove, and reorder the stock symbols in their portfolio, this is stored locally for them in a cookie. The module fits seamlessly into the template and is perfect for any news site.
Also, if you experience the Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() error then you need to have CURL enabled on your server. You can ask your hosting provider to activate this.
List of Features
- Multiple Stocks: Display multiple stocks and compared them with the graph and data.
- Interactivity: The module is dynamic, it can be changed by the user from adding, removing or reordering the stocks displayed.
- Cookies: RokStock stores the users status in a cookie, therefore the tickers will appear in the same manner to them after refresh.
- Multiple Readings: Showcase the data, either in graphical format, and/or with tooltips data display as well as 12hr or 24h time axis options.
The extension if a Joomla 1.5 only module and uses the Google Finance API to show its data. There are a wide range of options to choose from and the parameter switches determine the functions of RokStock, such as the types of Stocks which are showcased and controls over the tooltips.
RokStock first made an appearance with the May 2009 Joomla Template Release, the SolarSentinel template. As the May template was demoed as a News template, it was seen as appropriate to create a stocks module.
Installation - Joomla 1.5
Downloading the Extension Files
- RokStock Module (mod_rokstock.zip) This file is the module package you will use to install RokStock into Joomla.
Using the Joomla Installer
From the Menu in your Joomla Administrator, go to Extensions → Install/Uninstall.
Next, browse for your mod_rokstock.zip file you downloaded and then click Upload File & Install.
Accessing the Module Page
Next, go to Extensions → Module Manager. From the list, find RokStock and open it to be brought to the RokStock Module Manager page, which lists all the available options for the module.
RokStock is a highly configurable module that allows you to control the various aspects of its appearance and functions. Details of each options are as follows:-Default Stocks: The module displays the stock information of a valid stock title. This option decides what stock information is displayed in the module. Separate stock titles by a comma to show multiple stocks. For example, .DJI, .INX, .IXIC will display stock information from Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500 INDEX, and NASDAQ COMPOSITE.
User Interaction: You can set this parameter to allow the user to interact with RokStock in the frontend. If enabled, the user can add, remove, reorder the stocks. All modifications will be visible to the user only.
Save/Restore Status: When enabled, this option stores the users modification in the frontend, like the stock index they added, remove, or reordered details in a cookie. It changes when the cookie has expired.
Store Duration (days): This parameter is self explanatory. You can set the duration in days for the cookie to be kept.
Open links in new page: You can set this parameter to define whether the stock information page should be opened in a new window or the same window, when the user click on the stock index title.
Show main chart: At the top of the module you can see the graphic chart. When enable, the module will display the graphic chart.
Tooltips Details: If this parameter is enabled, when the users hovers over the stock index title, it will show its details.
Tooltips time axis hours: This is the parameter controls whether the time format, that appears via tooltips, is in the 12h or the 24hr format.
RequirementsRokStock has the following requirements in order to operate:-
- Joomla 1.5x - ensure you are using the latest version.
- RokModule - this is a free component that we offer that facilitates the use of Ajax, you can download it from the Extensions section in RokDownloads.
- CURL - this needs to be enabled on your server for the module to work. You can contact your hosting provider to activate this for you.
This is a changelog for RokStock, inclusive of alpha, beta and release candidate versions.